Distinguished Achievement in Access Services Award
Sponsored by Atlas Systems
The Distinguished Achievement in Access Services Award is an annual award, started in 2014. With a generous contribution by Generation Fifth Applications, inc., we were able to offer the very first award that celebrates and recognizes an individual for outstanding achievement, contributions, and commitment to the field of Access Services.
The recipient receives an award of $500, a citation in the conference program, and registration to the annual Access Services Conference.
*2015 award was sponsored by the Access Services Conference. Atlas Systems, Inc. has generously sponsored the award since 2016.
To qualify, the candidate must be employed in a library and serve in one of the fields of Access Services (circulation, reserves, collection maintenance, interlibrary loan/resource sharing, or other related areas). The award is open to all levels of staff, including but not limited to librarians, who will be considered based on the following areas of achievement:
- Demonstration of sustained, outstanding, and recognized service or leadership in the field of Access Services on the regional or national level.
- Planning and implementing an exceptional library program or service which has served as a model for others.
- Significant publication(s), presentation(s) or technical innovation considered noteworthy for its contribution to Access Services.
To nominate a colleague, please submit a letter of nomination including the following:
- Nominee’s full name, work address, telephone number, and email address.
- Background on the nominee’s career in libraries.
- Description of the contributions to Access Services and special accomplishments achieved by the nominee, which demonstrate the three evaluation criteria detailed above.
Self-nominations are accepted. These must also include a supporting letter from a colleague. Members of the Access Services Conference Steering Committee are ineligible for the award.
Deadline for nominations is September 2, 2022. Nomination letters and questions can be submitted to Amanda Bena, Access Services Conference Awards Committee Chair at email@example.com.
Amanda Bena (Chair), Frostburg State University
Gretchen Avery, Bowling Green State University
Adebola Fabiku, North Carolina State University
Ken Johnson, Appalachian State University
Emma Kate Morgan, Augusta University