Access Services in Libraries, Inc. (ASiL) is dedicated to providing a harassment-free Access Services Conference experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, religion (or lack thereof), or technology choices. This extends to all conference and conference-adjacent spaces, including social media channels and virtual conference chat rooms. All communication should be appropriate for a workplace audience including people of many different backgrounds. Each participant is entirely responsible for their own behavior.
Examples of expected behavior that contributes to a positive environment includes:
- Using welcoming and inclusive language
- Being respectful of differing viewpoints and lived experiences
- Accepting constructive criticism gracefully and owning the impact of our words and actions
- Showing empathy towards other participants
- Showing consideration and respect in both speech and action
- Showing respect for individuals’ personal boundaries
- Respecting the pronouns indicated by attendees and not assuming pronouns
- Leaving room for each other in the conversation
Unacceptable behavior includes, but is not limited to:
- Harassment of any kind, even in a joking or ironic manner
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking, social media harassment, or non-consensual photography or recording
- Trolling, insulting or derogatory comments, personal or political attacks, or sustained disruption of talks or other events
- Other conduct which could reasonably be considered inappropriate in a workplace setting
Participants asked to stop any behavior(s) are expected to comply immediately. Sponsors are also subject to the Code of Conduct. If a participant engages in unacceptable behavior(s), the conference organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, including warning the offender or expulsion from the conference with no refund.
If you encounter any unacceptable behavior, whether as a bystander or the target of the behavior, please reach out to the ASiL Steering Committee by emailing email@example.com or by filling out this anonymous form.
Code of Conduct Anonymous Reporting Form
Thank you for helping to make this a welcoming space for all to participate, learn, and share.
This Code of Conduct is based on the CALM https://www.conferenceonacademiclibrarymanagement.com/ and NISO Plus Conference Code of Conduct https://niso.plus/codeofconduct-2/.