2023 Distinguished Achievement in Access Services Award
Sponsored by Atlas Systems, Inc. & Access Services in Libraries, Inc.
Call for Nominations
Do you know someone who deserves special recognition for their contributions and dedication in Access Services? For the ninth year, Access Services in Libraries, Inc. will be presenting the Distinguished Achievement in Access Services Award to an individual who has made an extraordinary contribution to our field.
Criteria for the Distinguished Achievement in Access Services Award
The Distinguished Achievement in Access Services Award is an annual award recognizing an individual for outstanding achievement, contributions, and commitment to the field of Access Services. This award is generously sponsored by Atlas Systems, Inc. and Access Services in Libraries, Inc.
The recipient will receive:
- an award of $1,000
- a citation in the conference program
- registration to the annual Access Services Conference (valued at $350) held November 14-16, 2023 at Global Learning Center at Georgia Tech in Atlanta, GA
To qualify, the candidate must be employed in a library and serve in one of the fields of Access Services (public services, circulation, reserves, space management, security, student employee supervision, interlibrary loan/resource sharing, access services technology or other related areas.) The award is open to all levels of staff, including but not limited to librarians, who will be considered based on achievements in one of the following categories:
- Demonstration of sustained, outstanding, and recognized service or leadership in the field of Access Services on the regional or national level.
- Planning and implementing an exceptional library program or service, which has served as a model for others.
- Significant publication(s), presentation(s) or technical innovation considered noteworthy for its contribution to Access Services.
To nominate a colleague, please submit a letter of nomination that includes the following:
- Nominee’s full name, work address, telephone number, and email address.
- Background on the nominee’s career in libraries.
- Description of the contributions to Access Services and special accomplishments achieved by the nominee, which demonstrate one of the three evaluation criteria detailed above.
Self-nominations are accepted. These must also include a supporting letter from a colleague. Members of the Access Services Conference Steering Committee are ineligible for the award.
Deadline for nominations is August 4, 2023. Nomination letters and questions can be submitted to Amanda Bena, Access Services Conference Awards Committee Chair at [email protected].
The Awards Committee:
Amanda Bena (Chair), Frostburg State University
Kim Copenhaver, Emory University
Loftan Hooker, Virginia Commonwealth University
Shannon Meyer, Arlington Heights Memorial Library
Mechele Romanchock, Alfred University